Jim's Music

I would love to give a shout out to Jim's Music for helping me pick out the most beautiful guitar!  They are also giving me free lessons for a month with my purchase.  I told him my son is learning as well.  They will be teaching him too.  Here is the story I wrote before walking into your store and I hope you realize the wonderful memory you are helping me fulfill.  






                                                              Sing with Me

“Honey, would you sing with me?”  There was nothing more important than those words.  She knelt down next to his chair and leaned in to read the words.  He had been teaching himself to play the guitar.  It was the first time after months of practice that he wanted to share it. Silly to pick up the guitar at 38 and think you can play, he thought.  He was inspired.   He loved Jim Croce, Peter, Paul and Mary, Willie Nelson and so many other story telling songs.  He loved the idea of playing, though he couldn’t sing.  There was just something about hearing the strum of the steel strings as they resonated through the hollow wood that he loved, so much so, he had to buy that guitar.     


She leaned in to see the song Rocky Top. Smiling and waiting for him to begin, she said, “Dad, I’d sing with you anywhere.”  She could hear the tune as he began to play.  She was so proud of him and in that special moment the two of them would connect and sing in a way that felt magical.  She felt so safe, so loved and so happy.  He smiled and apologized when he bumped over some notes.  She chuckled when she rushed the words.  They were just two people sitting in the living room, loving each other through an adventure. 


She awoke and stared at the ceiling as the shadows of trees in the early morning light danced on the ceiling. Her days started out special and calm when she had those dreams. If only he would visit more. It was exactly the way she remembered.  It was the third dream she had ever had with him in it.  She could hear his voice and feel his love.  It inspired her to get to the music store and pick up a guitar that she would learn how to play at the ripe old age of 50. 

Comments

Popular Posts